Norwich University of the Arts @ First Light
Norwich University of the Arts is a dynamic and creative community providing arts, design, architecture and media education. It is a place where everyone is encouraged to imagine, design and make, taking a bold first step towards a creative career.
During Covid-19, our partners NUA are here to support you to keep making and creating by offering an activity pack developed with Festival Bridge, alongside two digital workshop series. Download the activity pack below – and remember to tag NUA (@NorwichUniArts) and Festival Bridge (@NNFBridge) in any tweets.
Workshops for young people during Covid-19
NUA are offering free online workshops for people aged 13-18 every Wednesday, with the below currently confirmed:
– Wednesday 1 July, 2pm – Filmmaking at Home with Gavin Spoors. For Year 9 – 13 students, Film and Moving Image graduate Gavin Spoors will be going through handy tips and tricks on how to produce a film at home using mobile devices, limited resources and free software.
– Wednesday 8 July, 11am – An Introduction to Typography Design with Jamie Johnstone. For Year 9 – 13 students, this is an introductory talk and workshop led by NUA Graphic Design Lecturer Jamie Johnstone, on the use of typography across the creative industries. See some incredible case studies while designing unique typefaces of your own.
– Wednesday 15 July, 2pm – Deconstruct/Reconstruct with Art Pocket. Reposition the positive and negative through paper and fabric collage to create layered, compositional artworks.
– Wednesday 12 August, 11am – Expressive Painting with Emily Powell. Emily Powell is a dynamic and expressive painter. Graduating from NUA in 2011, Emily co-founded Rhombus and Pineapple and is now tipped as one of the countries up and coming painters. The workshop will feature a series of small, fun tasks with water based paints and accessible materials. This workshop is open to all abilities.
Calling all creative teachers, technicians and careers advisers!
Wednesday 17 June – Thursday 2 July
You are invited to NUA’s free Teacher, Technician and Adviser online workshop series:
– Join for a range of talks and daily practical workshops designed specifically for staff who advise students interested in creative degrees and careers.
– Find out the latest updates about courses and leave inspired with a toolkit of ideas for the classroom.