Saturday 22 June 2019
12:00 – 21:00
Sunday 23 June 2019
07:30 – 12:00
Ahoy there young pirates – come and get busy with our fun and hands-on activities in the tipis, boat and on the sand …
Here’s what’s going on with our Cosmic Pirate Partners:
• Suffolk Wild Life Trust will be running: mini raft making, pebble painting, beach combing and identification, ‘marsh on the moor’ activities and more…
• East Coast College Childcare students will be curating and running an array of activities
• The Knit, Stitch and Yarn Group from The Yard and Lowestoft Arts Centre will be running: dry clay modelling, felt finger puppet making, flag making, plaster moulding and extreme knitting!
• Lowestoft Library will be running storytelling every half hour with a range of piratey, sea faring and Lowestoft based tales.
• Suffolk Artlink will be running bag printing sessions in the craft tent from 2-4pm on Saturday as well as storytelling with a signer in the storytelling tent from 2-4pm.
Making Waves Together at First Light Festival
Making Waves Together is an ambitious three year programme that enhances pride, health, wellbeing and unites communities. It is bringing the towns of Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft together by giving people the opportunity to participate and engage in a wide variety of art and heritage activities and events that they may otherwise not have exposure to. Lowestoft Rising is pleased to be working with the following partners as part of the festival:
• Joe Carr from the Red House in Aldeburgh (Benjamin Britten’s house) who will be running musical storytelling sessions for little festival goers on Sunday morning from 8-8:45am and 10:45-11:30am.
• Time and Tide Museum who will be running craft sessions all Sunday morning: make your own pirate map or craft yourself a beautiful fish to take home!
Hardimans is delighted to support Cosmic Pirates at First Light Festival